Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation: Sneak Peek!

Illamasqua's newest addition to their coveted foundation range, Skin Base Foundation, is a western approach to the ever-expanding market of Asian BB Creams. Designed to be a one stop shop for skin perfection, Skin Base performs as primer, foundation and concealer with skin care benefits to boot!

One major innovation that Illamasqua has brought to the realm of BB creams is an impressive shade range. While BB creams notoriously come in just a few shades (most best suited to light-medium skin tones) Skin Base Foundation comes in a range of 18 shades, from pure white to a deep, neutral ebony.

Yesterday I was thrilled to find a little black envelope in my mail with 3 shades of the new Skin Base Foundations to test. I'll be wearing them a bit more before I render my final judgement, but for now, here are some swatches to give you an idea of what the buzz is all about!

From left to right (starting with the bottom most shade) these are shades 04 (Yellow/Pink Undertone), 03 (Yellow Undertone) and 02 (Pink Undertone). These, in case you can't tell, are heavily swatched and unblended. The magic with these is the ease in blending- the undertones are much more subtle when applied normally than they look in this photo. For instance, despite 02's pink undertones, when blended it's a great match for my fair neutral skin.

As much as I want to start sharing all I have about these, I'm going to reserve my thoughts for a full review- keep an eye on the site in the next week to see what I really think about Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation.

7 comments:

Musing on Beauty said...

I have ordered mine already and can't wait to try it! I picked shade 3 and I think, looking at your swatches, that it's going to match me well.

Mai said...

Can't wait to try these!! Thanks for the swatches!

Larie said...

Oooh, can't wait for the full review!

Anonymous said...

Gah, I just saw your post about their 48 hour sale...I totally missed it! And just that week I'd been eyeing this foundation, some eyebrow cakes, and their brow brush. Well...can't wait to hear about the foundation regardless!

Shang J. said...

I love their products. Waiting for your review now :)
New follower. Do check out my blog too. XOXO

Deb said...

I really want one... but I'm unsure which shade to get. I have olive colored skin, and Too Faced's Warm Vanilla is too yellow for me. I'm thinking about trying out the SB 04... as it has a pink undertone. But I'm worried about it being too dark!

teresa bowen said...

Some people love fashion specially girls and they are looking for more products to have a perfect beauty as well. I want to share the best product, it is the lakridspulver.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...